***

***

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hoooooodgepoooodge

Well look at me wearing my hodgepodge pants two weeks in a row.

Would YOU like to hodgepodge with me? Just visit Joyce's site to link in.

And with no further ado....las preguntas de esta semana.

1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?

Well, well, Joyce. Jumping right into the deep end, are we?
My answers- Yes and Yes

Naturally we must each be accountable for the things that we do, or don't do. And yes, there are exceptions.
1) Sleepwalking. If you do it in your sleep, it's not entirely your fault.
2) Straight up crazy episode. Losing your mind does happen, it would seem.
3) My husband's constant propositioning of me. I mean, how can I blame him? I'm the complete package.

[I could not type that last one with a straight face]

2.  Has anyone from your home town become famous?

Um, helloooo? If you're reading this, then you're on my blog. You know, my very own webpage. Do you think just anyone can have one of these?
There are at least 5 people who read this site whom I've never met in real life. Do you know what that makes me?

Yep. Famous.

[Alternate answer- No.]

3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?

My crockpot is taking a year and a half long vacation while we live in a country that just can't take the heat.
Of my crockpot.
Plugged into it's European sockets.

So no, I haven't used it in quite a long while. But I'll be checking around the old 'podge to jot some down for when we get back. You can't beat the feeling of having dinner "done" at 9am.

4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?

Well I feel as though I should be upset. But I just can't scrounge up the energy to bother about it. I mean, I post everything about my life here on this World Famous Webpage. They can collect their little hearts out, and maybe we'll become friends.

Of course, you're probably asking more along the lines of purchases made, websites visited, etc.
In that case, "they" have probably figured out that I'm cheap and I'll click on anything that says Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are going to make beautiful vampire babies together.
Or that Taylor Swift has a new breakup anthem. Or Anna Kendrick's twitterfeed. Or Suri's Burn Book to get my fill of celebrity babies (They are just like regular babies-- only better!)

I'm not ashamed very much.

5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?

I will probably catch some of it, assuming that Spain's free access channels will air coverage. Like most people who prefer sunburn to frostbite, I enjoy the summer Olympics more than the winter ones. Plus, I've always planned to be an Olympic gymnast. I haven't decided yet which year will be mine. Maybe 2020? It has a nice ring to it.
Although I've always been intrigued by the amount of personal grooming it would take to wear one of those leotards.

Maybe the winter Olympics aren't so bad... the athletes do tend to wear more clothes.

No, I haven't been to Russia, and I don't want to go. I don't look good in furs.

6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.

I never participated in any team sports until junior high school.
Then I tried out to be a cheerleader, or athletic supporter if you will. Like a jockstrap.
I was kind of a disappointment to the idea of a cheerleader, what with my perm, mouth full-o-metal, and my coke-bottle glasses, but I had fun.
Later I played softball and joined the swim team for a couple of summers.
I would like to go on record to say that although I was not a super talented athlete, I held my own. Therefore the utter lack of coordination that is my darling daughter did not come from me.
I don't want to point fingers, but JOSH.

7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that motivates you to at least get up off the couch?

Let's call a spade a spade here. I haven't "worked out" since the day I arrived in Spain. I tried to go for a run once, but I got distracted by my pressing need to breathe and so I stopped.
But I have done a ton of walking, as that is what city living is all about. I use my iPod every day as I meander around Madrid, and I've been slowly adding to my music collection as I hear friends recommend different groups or songs.
Hopefully I can get some good inspiration from the other Hodgepodglings today.

I recently bought an album by Muse, and although it's not my typical choice in music, I've really enjoyed it.

 8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Josh and Alex both have birthdays in the month of May, and this year they are going to celebrate together with a very special daddy-daughter trip....to Paris! Can you believe that?

Josh really wants to see Paris, and I'm more of a "let's see what the couch has to offer instead" kind of gal, so we thought this would be a neat opportunity for Alex to make special memories with her daddy while Derek and I get time together at home.


And that's a Hodgepodge wrap.






6 comments:

Joyce said...

Ha-always laugh when I read your blog. Suri's Burn Book is one of my faves : )

Sounds like a fabulous birthday. Paris is always a good idea!

April said...

You are quite the writer...love your sense of humor! I can't imagine being able to visit Paris for my birthday...your daughter sure is lucky and I'm sure she'll make memories that will last a lifetime!

Carrie L said...

I also have always been intrigued by the personal grooming of gymnasts. So glad I'm not alone!

Sandy said...

OMG...like a jockstrap...PRICELESS!!!

One of Us said...

We went to Paris for my birthday that first year out of college. Fun times! And a looong time ago now, huh?

So, do you sleepwalk?

Anonymous said...

As I recall you were an awesome cheerleader, I think there might have even need a trophy at some point. I also happen to think you were the best looking base on the team. As part of the Andrews AFB swim team you were like a dolphin sliding through the water.
From a Dad's perspective neither of my daughters have ever failed to make me proud, hard to count the accomplishments both of you have under your belt, but here are a few
Beautiful kind, smart, great mom and wife
Not sure if anyone could have done better
Love you Dad